Thursday, March 25, 2010

Amore mio come faro'?

So these days I spend many a late night in the uncomfortably warm LRC in the Library, either studying MMBIO or grading Italian papers...which gives me a great chance to listen to excellent music right? Lately I've been listening incessantly to two of my favorite vocalists, Laura Pausini and Regina Spektor.

Let's be honest, there is nothing indie about either of these two: Pausini has been one of the biggest names in the Italian and Latin music industries for the last decade, as she releases almost all of her records in Italian and Spanish. And if you're an American and still haven't heard of Regina Spektor, you probably live in a barn. And it might be in the middle of north dakota/wyoming/nebraska/idaho/montana. Anyway, some listen to music to get pumped up, others listen to dance, to pass the time as you drive, to make you laugh, or to be inspired. These songs, to me, are simply beautiful. And there's not much else to say to better explain that. Some guys apparently did a little video slide show for each of these songs, hope ya like 'em!

Oh about me, you ask? Why I'm doing well. I'm going to california next weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I guess for me right now life feels like I'm on the brink, of what I'm not sure. But hopefully it's something even better than I could ever imagine it to be. K bye!
Laura Pausini-"Cinque Giorni" (Five Days)

Regina Spektor-"Braille" --please excuse her language at 3.08!

-Roscoe


0 comments: