Monday, April 5, 2010

Goodbye. and now Hello.

goodbye...

Goodbye made-to-order breakfast every morning at the hotel. Goodbye having time to exercise everyday. Goodbye family for another few months or so, our time together is always way too short! Goodbye "pincer crabs that pinch at your sandals" at Newport Beach. Goodbye warm sand and gentle ocean breezes and running on, aforementioned beach. Goodbye Shadowpines and Flowerwood, the streets we visited and where I grew up when I was little. Goodbye earthquake that we felt all the way from Mexico. Goodbye putting on shorts before even looking outside. Goodbye 70 degree sunny Orange County.

and hello...

Hello stop lights that aren't on sensors (I've had the light change on me three times in the last day when no one else was in the intersection!) Hello grungy apartment and no toilet paper (which interestingly ran out when I left last thursday...) Hello physics and molecular biology tests that I hardly studied for. Hello waking up at 8AM and walking up all 124 steps to campus. Hello roommate that snores (like right now). Hello gray skies and an inch and counting of snow. Hello finals in a week and a half and MCAT in 6.5 weeks. Hello empty food cupboard. Hello Provo, UT.

My favorite song of the trip: "Lover, you should've come over"-Jeff Buckley (Even though I'm fairly strongly against the word lover ever being used. ever.)

and just to finish off this post on a high note, albeit an extremely fun and silly one...."Breaking up"-Rilo Kiley; A song I've wanted to post for a bit now but felt it would be inappropriate. I simply cant get enough of this.

-ross


0 comments: