Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poly-Sci Religious Hi-Fi

So, watching the first political debate between McCain and Obama was outright disgusting. I don't even know how to pinpoint what made it so disgusting, but i just remember turning the TV off feeling nauseous; about politics, America, society, you name it. Although i might lean more Republican as far as the issues go, I am finding it hard to root for McCain. Personally, I felt he showed his age and ignorance a lot as he consistently tried to belittle Obama and point out his inexperience. (of course, we could say the same for Obama...he tried to tear down McCain all night by linking him to Bush...but atleast he was clever about it?) Anyway, during this whole mess I keep reflecting on the late Prophet of our church, Gordon B. Hinckley. He died at 97 years of age and every time you heard him speak, you never got the feeling that he was out of touch or "too old for the job." He was a man to be trusted; decisive and endearing. I sometimes dream what life would be like if he was elected president; I can only imagine that he would have ushered in a time of peace and serenity in a world desperately in need. So, during this time of election insanity, I cant help but hum to myself "We thank thee o God for a prophet, who guides us in these latter days."

-Roscoe

p.s. goodbye September 2008!


0 comments: