Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feel the Rhythm

So now that i have gone off on my first political tangent, I may as well show where it all starts from: you got it, faith. In my last post i tried to leave the religious aspect out of the argument, because it's obvious that not everyone shares my own religious affiliation, but i think it's only appropriate to get to the roots from which my opinion stems, which are deeply entrenched in Cristianity. I'm a little hesitant to write that (sadly) because the term is so generic and broad, but in the end, i believe in Christ, me being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, so I would most definitely fall into that category. Anyway, about 10 years ago, the late prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, along with the twelve apostles (leaders of the church) released an incredibly definitive and inspired document entitled "The Family: A Proclamation to the World," the contents of which can be read here:

http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,161-1-11-1,00.html

I suppose i feel particularly strong about the issue because my family has meant so much to me in my life, and I know they have shaped and molded me into the person I am today. If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to ask. Yes on prop 8!

-Rossssssssssssssssssss


0 comments: