Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christlike Love

This past week I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity and time to give some service, and it has felt so good. Having dedicated the last two years of my life to service, I was accustomed to feeling love for others and enjoying the blessings of service. I guess I had kind of forgotten that, though, in the last few months. One thing that solidifies in my mind the divine calling of Jesus Christ is his emphasis on service. I find it so interesting that while the Jews were looking for a king to come in power and liberate them from their state of vassalage to Rome, Christ proved to be a real leader by serving others. In Luke 22:26-27 Christ speaks to his apostles and commands them that "ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest amongst you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. for whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? Is not he that sitteth at meat? But I am among you as he that serveth."


0 comments: