Tuesday, November 15, 2011

B-Sides pt.1

I've been finding some very B-side worthy music lately...stuff that's great because I just barely stumbled upon it, but probably wont be on heavy rotation a year from now. The first band is called Young the Giant, who I could see having a very successful career. These guys have the look of Vampire Weekend, with the sound of the pop version of "the used"...if that's imaginable. (Yup...that emo band from utah that was big 10 years ago). That's my best take on them. The first video is a music video for one of their standout songs, "cough syrup."



The second video is a cool little project they've done called "the open session", where they've played a bunch of their songs in random outdoorsy places. This is one of my favorites called "Strings"



Just a little fun listening, but nothing life changing for me at least. Tomorrow brings more B-sides!


0 comments: